Ever wanted to meet the world-famous fermentation guru and author, Sandor Katz? Now is your chance to spend the day talking ferments, picking vegetables, and learning how to make kimchi and sauerkraut with Sandor himself!
Arrival is at 9:30 am, then we will go around the farm at 10am picking all the vegetables you will need to make your fermented goodness!
Potluck lunch at noon – BRING A DISH to share!Then Sandor will give a talk on all things fermented foods and teach you how to make kimchi!
You will make your own batch to bring home with you!
WHAT TO BRING:
– A fermentation vessel (could be a crock or just a mason jar)
– a cutting board and knife
– We will be supplying the cabbages and radishes, but you should bring anything else you may want in your kimchi such as ginger, cayennes, turmeric, etc.
– SALT! You will need salt!
– Appropriate clothes to be comfortable outside
– Water to drink and a dish to share for the potluck lunch
This workshop is ONLY $30!! You do not need to purchase tickets in advance, you can pay upon arrival. Thank you and hope to see you Saturday, October 22!